Thursday, March 1, 2012

Another Reminder that I am not an Artist

Female Swashbuckler by Joshua Thomas Haag.
     Yeah, this is a filler post.  I have been getting my ass kicked by a short story I'm trying to write, so that's taken up far too much time.  And I've been fighting a head cold with medication that makes me drowsy for about three hours a shot.
     So, mostly more proof that whatever talents I may have are in the realm of the written word and not in the visual arts.
This was my best attempt at a female swashbuckler, though apparently I never took notice that women have hips, don't have giant heads with flat faces, or fingers.  This would have been done about two days before the one by Josh.

This is just one of the few pages that actually has anything on it in the same sketch book.  I don't know which is worse, the detail of the eye that looks like someone put lashes in a fish or the dwarf that looks like he is wearing a fake beard from the set of Xena: Warrior Princess.

Much older (from late 1991), but just as bad.  And I was convinced – at the time – that this was awesome.  Stupid me.  But at least I don't have any of my writing from that time to share, because that would depress the hell out of me with how bad it was (and how great I was sure it was).

No comments:

Post a Comment